We have listed some suggested projects that may help Anyako meet the UN Millennium Development Goals by 2015 and beyond. These are indeed our Vision for the future of Anyako.
- Provide sustainable portable safe water
- Provide basic sanitation and education in the following areas:
- Proper personal Hygiene
- Proper food safety and hygiene
- Hygienic disposal of human excreta (faeces)
- Basic Primary Health Care: Provide basic health care education to reduce chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease (hypertension/high blood pressure) and kidney disease.
Provide functional, well equipped health center for preventive and basic primary care.
BUSINESS – INCOME GENERATION
- Transform existing traditional methods of fishing into modern aquaculture industry for the town and improve fish processing methods.
- Evaluate possibilities of setting up fishing cooperatives in Anyako. Examine the possibilities of providing equipment for lease or rent and develop market for processed fish products.
- Encourage fishermen and young unemployed citizens of Anyako to take up fish farming.
- Salt Mining: Evaluate the possibilities of producing hand harvested, sun dried whole salt from the lagoon; and production of organic seasoned spiced salt.
- Investigate the possibility of growing algae to be used in producing biodiesel for automobiles; and soap from the by-products.
- Kete (Kente) Weaving: Introduce cooperative weaving. Explore the possibilities of providing coop members with improved equipment and materials (yarn). Train tailors and seamstresses to turn the woven cloth into custom clothes, blinds, art pieces, bags, shoes and more.
- Sustainable Agriculture: Produce organic vegetables and herbs in coops or community farms. Plan for irrigation programs in anticipation of completion of Sogakope – Lome water project. Start food processing, packaging of known herbs (with professional labels).
Experiment with Hydroponics and Aquaponics farming.
- Micro Credit – Promote Micro Enterprise (mom & pop businesses), development programs where series of seminars and workshops are held to teach the people how to start and run their businesses as professional entrepreneurs. Offer business management training classes. Make funds available for lending to small enterprises.
- Green Energy Technology: Create and staff vocational/engineering training center to train students in the following:
- Manufacture of solar energy devices.
- Fashion design, sewing and batik textile design.
- Baking, catering and hospitality.
- Information/Internet Technology: Build a new Information Technology (IT) center with the resources needed to train computer repair and maintenance technicians.
- Create Internet Café(s) to provide internet access and improve communications with the outside world. Provide lessons in website design, development and maintenance. Teach students the art of making money on the internet…Web monetization.
- Eco-Cultural Tourism: Create Anyako Cultural Center where tourists go to learn Anlo-Ewe music, dancing, drumming and traditional religious practices while on vacation in Anyako. Tourists could also assist the town to become environmentally friendly town by cleaning the environment in and around Anyako. Cultural vacation campus could be built at Klevete (island forest).
- Start Community Planning Resources Center - Keep up-to-date demographic data of the town, allocate numbers to homes, keep records of births and deaths, build town hall, library and post office.
- Begin extensive literacy and adult education campaign
- Build and staff a police station; and re-establish law and order